Valcre's Portfolio Roll-up Word doc is designed to summarize the entire portfolio's value and the job info.
In this guide, you will learn how to:
- Access and Set up the Portfolio Roll-Up tool
- Customize and add additional custom tables
- Troubleshoot missing data
- Add the Portfolio Rollup to your Report Template
- Create and add an Addenda Template with your Portfolio information
- Enterprise Subscription
- Complete analysis of all individual properties to be included in the Portfolio Rollup
- Enter your portfolio job information online; you will need the Job Number (subject property is not required for Portfolio Rollup), and enter the Fee, Client, and Relevant Dates.
- Download the Portfolio Rollup Tool and store it in your Portfolio folder structure.
- You can download the Portfolio Rollup tool by accessing your Downloads section in the online app.
- Folder set up
- Parent Folder:
- The Portfolio Roll-up tool (Excel File)
- The portfolio roll-up Word template,
- Child folder (EG. Level 1 folder) that has all the individual property Excels and addenda templates.
- Parent Folder:
Using the Portfolio Roll-up Tool
The Portfolio Roll-up tool is available for Enterprise level subscriptions. If you would like to upgrade your subscription level, please contact your Client Success Manager.
Step 1: Open and set up the Rollup tool (Excel Template)
Select the Portfolio rollup tool (Excel Template) from your computer.
This is similar to every other Excel template. You want to type your job number in and select Click Here to Get Job and Portfolio Data.
Once the Job Data has been imported successfully, you will be prompted to select Ok to continue merging data from Property Files. This will allow you to select which files you wish to use for individual property data in the Portfolio Rollup tool.
Step 2: Add the Excel files
Select the folder with the individual Excel files you added to the folder set up above Shift-click all applicable files and select open. That will pull all the data that is present in each of those individual Excel files. Depending on the speed of your computer, this may take a few moments.
Step 3: Choose the type of report
Custom: This is standard for all users and allows you to make tables.
- Note: We can also build custom tables for you for a fee. If you have those, you will see these options available as well.
Pro-Tip: You will want to review all fields in the home tab (the section you are currently working in, to ensure all fields are filled out, such as Subject Sales History.
Step 4: Select the datasets you wish to display in the table
- 4.1 - Select Instructions from the tabs at the bottom of the Excel spreadsheet. This will show all the categories that are pulling data from the individual property details.
- 4.2 - Scroll to the bottom of the list and use the drop-down to add additional categories.
- 4.3 - Once you have added all your additional categories, select the Home tab and pull the job data in by selecting Click Here to Get Job and Portfolio Data, and then select the individual Excel files as you did in step 4 of Using the Portfolio Rollup tool section above.
Step 5: Add the Custom Table
Select the Custom Tab to access the custom tables; you will have the ability to bring in any of the data points that are named in the four Excel files you loaded in Step 2
Step 6: Set up the dataset in your Custom Table
Select the Category, Friendly Name, and Formatting to add the specific dataset you wish to share in your table.
- Note: Each of these is a drop-down selection. For example: Select Land Size to change to Zoning, and you will see the table update to show zoning instead of land size data.
Pro tip: remember to Save along the way
Step 7: Add additional Custom Tables
To show additional data, select Add Table, which will open another Custom tab at the bottom of your Excel template. Select the new custom tab and repeat steps 3- 6.
You can add up to 20 custom tables, including 360 individual property Excel templates.
Troubleshooting data not pulling through in categories
If you have data not pulling through in categories, the cause is that it hasn’t been selected on the instruction tab.
Select Instructions from the tabs at the bottom of the Excel spreadsheet. This will show all the categories that are pulling data from the individual property details.
Scroll to the bottom of the list and use the drop-down to add additional categories.
Step 3: Once you have added all your additional categories, select the Home tab and pull the job data in by selecting Click Here to Get Job and Portfolio Data, and then select the individual Excel files as you did in step 4 of Using the Portfolio Rollup tool section above.
Customizing your table
Step 1: Resize or hide the columns
All columns and rows can be resized or hidden as in any other Excel spreadsheet.
Step 2: Change the Table name
Select the current placeholder name, Exhibit A, and enter the name you wish to use. This will also change the name of the table in row 11.
Completing Portfolio Rollup in the Word Report Template
After completing all your work in Excel, it’s time to add this to the Word Template.
Step 1: Access, Link, and Sync Portfolio Rollup in Word Template
The Word document is flexible in how it’s built out to your specific use cases.
- 1.1 - Access the Word Template from your file set up in the pre-requisites. (View this in the Windows file folder)
- 1.2 - Select Valcre in the word ribbon and ensure it is linked to the Excel template you wish to include by selecting Linked Files. If the no file is linked, or the incorrect file is linked, select Open or Change File.
- 1.3 - Select Update All to include the links from the Portfolio Excel Template linked to your Word Report Template. Depending on the speed of your computer, this may take a minute.
Step 2: Insert Custom Tables created in Portfolio Tool (Excel Template)
- 2.1 - Select Insert Link, then select Load Workbook.
This will bring up your Windows file finder. Select the Excel portfolio workbook file you created and filled out.
2.2 - Select the tabs you want to include from the left, select the table, and select Insert. This will insert the table link.
For example: Custom1 tab, then Custom1_Table
- 2.3 - Format the table link to how you would like the table to appear- centered, left, right, or justified.
- 2.4 - When you can pull the data in from the table, select Update Selected; this will update only the highlighted link.
Step 3: Repeat for all tables.
Adding the Addenda Template
The Portfolio Roll-up Word doc is designed to summarize the entire portfolio's value and the job info. The addenda template is set up to allow you to summarize specific aspects of each of the individual properties. You can set up your addenda template to include any links you want to add based on the property type, use case, etc.
Step 1: Add the addenda template
- 1.1 - Open your Windows file finder, and select the Addenda Template. This is located in the child folder you created that houses the individual property Excel templates.
For each property, we will show the land adjustment grid, conclusion, map, brief info about the cost approach, sale and rent, and brief info about the sale approach.
- 1. 2 - The addenda must be linked to one of the individual property Excel files. Select Linked Files, and select one of the property Excel files. Once linked, you can close the Addenda Template and navigate to the Word Report Template.
Step 2: Generate the Addenda Report
- 2.1 - Add the cursor to where you would like the addenda to select Generate Reports.
- 2.2 - Choose Select Report Template to choose the addenda template you wish to use.
- 2.3 - Select Generate.
This will fill out the links in the addenda template for your portfolio's Excel files. This may take a few minutes, depending on the speed of your computer. You will have a new folder in your original folder structure called reports. (View this in the Windows file folder) This will have each of the addenda template reports.
Step 3: Bring them into your overall portfolio word template
- 3.1 - Select Insert Documents from the top of the Word Template.
- 3.2 - Navigate to the reports folder created during Step 2.2, select all reports, and select open.
That will drop all addenda reports into your document.
Sample section of the addenda that is added
You can now use Valcres Portfolio Rollup Tool! If you have any additional questions, please contact your Client Success Manager or our Support Team using the online or mobile app Live Chat option.